Aggressive and Experienced Disability Attorney
If you suffer from an injury or illness and cannot work, you may be entitled to temporary or permanent disability benefits, whether partial or total. You want an experienced lawyer to guide you through the process, one who fully understands the law and process, one who has helped others in similar situations.
At the office of Mark J. Fellman, Attorney at Law, in St. Paul, Minnesota, I bring over 30 years of experience to people throughout the Twin Cities, handling all matters related to disability benefits. AV-rated* under Martindale-Hubbell's Peer Review Rating System, I have been designated a Minnesota "Super Lawyer" for several years by Minnesota Law & Politics, Minneapolis/St. Paul Magazine, and Twin Cities Business Magazine. Because of my reputation for experienced and aggressive advocacy, many of my new cases come to me as referrals from other lawyers or former/current clients.
Contact Attorney Mark J. Fellman
To set up an appointment, contact me or call my office at 651-222-9515.
Protecting the Rights of Injured Workers
I provide comprehensive counsel and representation to individuals who are disabled and cannot work, handling cases involving:
- Temporary total disability (TTD). If you are temporarily unable to work at all because of a disability, I can help you recover compensation while you are disabled, generally at a rate of 66 2/3 of your gross weekly wage at the time of injury. Benefits are not payable, however, until the applicable waiting period is over. If you work a non-traditional shift or job, I can also help you make certain the amount of TTD benefits is correctly calculated.
- Temporary partial disability (TPD). If you have returned to work, but are earning less than what you did before your injury, you may be entitled to compensation for part of the difference. I can help you recover benefits equal to 2/3 of the difference between your current pay and your pay before the injury.
- Permanent partial disability (PPD). If you have suffered the permanent functional loss of the use of a body part, I can help you recover permanent benefits for the damaged body part.
- Permanent total disability (PTD). If you have been injured to the extent that you cannot return to any type of gainful employment, I can help you secure permanent benefits to compensate you for the loss of income.
- Medical benefits. The law provides that the workers' compensation insurer is obligated to pay for medical care provided it is reasonable, necessary and related to the work injury. There are also limits on the amount of certain types of care such as chiropractice care.
- Vocational rehabilitation. These are benefits paid by the workers' compensation insurer for the services of a Qualified Rehabilitation Consultant (QRC) whose job is to work with you in getting the medical care you need and to assist you in returning to appropriate work. These benefits include the possibility of being retrained.
Contact My Office
Contact me or call me at 651-222-9515 for a confidential consultation.